Welcome to the Party!

Welcome to the crazy, hectic life that surrounds the Rathbun household (and to the mind of the woman who loves every minute of it).

Friday, May 9, 2008

End of School Year Crunch



It's that time of the year. It's the end of the semester for me and the end of the school year for the kids. The past few weeks have been a flurry of last minute field trips and school programs for the kids and term papers, textbook readings, and studying for finals for me. This is in addition to all the activities at the church. We have been busy, busy, busy! Caitlin asked me the other day that I wasn't allowed to have any more homework because it's almost summer. I wish it was that simple. My prayer in times like these is that I can be an example of commitment and academic endeavors to my children but also teach them the value of balance in life. Nothing seems to please them more than when I put down the book I'm studying and chase them around the yard. For all the chaos and stress I wouldn't trade a moment of these times with my children. Even when I feel guilty while I'm typing a paper or reading a book, the kids are trying to take care of me too. This week they have been hiding in their rooms, secretly making Mother's Day cards for me. (Ssh! don't tell them that I figured it out. It's supposed to be a surprise!)

No comments: