Welcome to the Party!

Welcome to the crazy, hectic life that surrounds the Rathbun household (and to the mind of the woman who loves every minute of it).

Friday, August 7, 2009

Where did the summer go?

The kids are getting ready to go back to school Wednesday. What?!? This Wednesday? You're kidding me. Summer is already over?!?



It's true. Summer vacation officially ends on August 12th. It seems like just yesterday we were taking exams (Mom), preparing for TCAPS (kids), and doing this:


Now summer is almost over. But one thing I always love about this time of year is the beginning of the harvest season. And that reminds me of God's promise in our lives and ministry.



At our house this:


turned into this:




And today in an effort to find an affordable outside activity for the kids we did this:


Blueberry picking! It's a favorite around here! The kids are even plotting to go back in the morning with Dad. So my freezer is filling up. I'm considering getting out the canner. I'm wondering if I should make some preserves too. Decisions, decisions.




But most importantly I'm thrilled to realize one thing.




SCHOOL STARTS NEXT WEEK! HALLELUJAH!






2 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

What a great harvest. Isn't it great to grow food? There is a great satisfaction to it.

http://theprovidentwoman.com

Sarah said...

Just stopping by to say thank you for the comment on my blog - nice to see you :o)